Embarassing Newbie Problem

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Jul 18 17:57:01 EDT 2002

>I have placed as a background behavior group a series of text field boxes.
>
>Problem #1:  For those fields which are scrolling fields, I find that I
>cannot place text in excess of the physical size of the text field box by
>using the return key to create a new paragraph or blank line of text (but
>I can, strangely to me, enter text in excess of the size of the box by
>copying and pasting a large block of text).  If I type continuously (that
>is, no new paragraphs), this behavior is absent.
>
>Problem #2:  What I would think would be 'normal' behavior of using "tab"
>to move from field to field in the order in which the field was created,
>and insert text in said field(s), also does not seem to be happenning for
>me.  In the "field" tab of the properties box, "can receive keyboard
>focus" is checked; however I notice that in the "custom" tab, in the
>"properties" box is the word "false".
>
>What am I doing wrong, pray tell?

Hi Judy,

The only answer I can give you is "I have not been able to duplicate
the problems here".

I created a one-card stack with a group containing two scrolling
fields: the first was installed as a scrolling field; the second as a
scrolling list field that was made editable by changing its
properties.  I can keep hitting return at the bottom of either field,
and I get a new blank line every time.

The tab key correctly moves the selection from one field to the other
here.  That's the tabs custom property.  It has to do with tabStops,
not the tab key order.

Sorry I have nothing better to offer.
--

Rob Cozens