How to create a MPEG movie

peter.fink at tiscali.ch peter.fink at tiscali.ch
Wed Jul 17 15:23:01 EDT 2002

Hi
this is not really a RR question. The context that I can play MPEG movies
in RR but the ones I pulled from the internet are not really presentable.

I'm also able to create a movie, from my web cam, in .AVI format, e.g. with
INDEO 5 compression (and others). But I cannot make it in .MPEG format.
Saving with Microsoft MPEG V4 compression does not work either.

What tool(s) would allow me to create a movie in .MPEG format? How is that
usually done? What is .MPEG, as opposed to .AVI with some compressor?

Thanks for all answers!

Peter