Icons and OSX

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Tue Jul 16 13:53:01 EDT 2002

On Monday, July 15, 2002, at 08:49  PM, Dan Friedman wrote:

> Hello!  Does anyone know how to attach Carbon Icons to a Rev
> Standalone?  I
> made the file in Icon Builder but, what do you do with it?  ... I miss
> those
> simple days of ResEdit. :)
>
> Thank you for your time,

Have you tried making a bundle out of your app? (I don't know-- does Rev
create it's OS X standalones as bundles?)

In a Cocoa app, in the bundle, Info.plist,  CFBundleDocumentTypes is a
dictionary that takes a key CFBundleTypeIconFile. The value is the
filename "yourfilename.icns", the file you have created with
IconComposer, which comes with Apple's developer tools. If you don't
have it I can mail you IconComposer.

I am assuming this method would work for any bundle, not just Cocoa apps.

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com>
Mindlube Software
http://www.mindlube.com/