Observations Re: Images--Followup

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Jul 16 11:26:01 EDT 2002

>A resizeIcon property would be useful, but if it resizes the image, then one
>has the caveat that if you want to use it in other instances at a different
>size... what happens?

Sivakatirswami, et al:

</foole's hat>

My experiences since posting, "I have done some testing in the
current Rev environment ..., and it is not a problem that can't be
dealt with." have brought me back with a retraction.

It simply proved to be more trouble that it was worth to try to deal
with the issue of resizing each image for different sized buttons in
the current environment...which is why it would be a useful feature
to have built in if it can be done correctly.

In the meantime, I've made my buttons 3D & bordered, and returned all
images to their original size.

<\foole's hat>
--

Rob Cozens