animated btns

Steve Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Mon Jul 15 17:26:01 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am attempting to create an animated button.  Here's what I want to do ...

on mouseUp
  repeat 2
    set the icon of me to "rl.1.gif"
    wait 2
    set the icon of me to "rl.2.gif"
    wait 3
    set the icon of me to "rl.3.gif"
    wait 3
    set the icon of me to "rl.4.gif"
    wait 3
    set the icon of me to "rl.5.gif"
    wait 3
    set the icon of me to "rl.6.gif"
    wait 3
    set the icon of me to "rl.7.gif"
    wait 3
    set the icon of me to "rl.8.gif"
  end repeat
  set the icon of me to "rl.1.gif"
  --pop card

end mouseUp

the images are all saved to the stack as controls. This works fine.  However
inorder to get the images into the image chooser I had to save them all as
controls.  this left the images on a card.  When I deleted the images the
images I thought were stored in the image chooser were deleted as well.
What am I doing wrong here.  My expectation was that an image saved as a
control was stored permanently in the image chooser.

Thanks

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer
Messimer Computing, Inc