defaultFolder usage

Filippo Galimberti fgalimbe at FastWebnet.it
Mon Jul 15 04:43:01 EDT 2002

Dear All,
I'm having problems with setting of the defaultFolder; for example, I run
the following script in the (multiline) message box:

answer folder "Select  the default folder..."
-- I choose, e.g., "C:/Documents and Settings/Filippo/Documenti"
if it is not empty then
	set the defaultFolder to it
	put the defaultFolder
	-- I check that the defaultFolder is set to the folder I chose; in fact I
get "C:/Documents and Settings/Filippo/Documenti" in the message box result
line
	answer file "Select the file..."
end if

contrary to my expectations, the "answer file" box is not opened in the
folder I chose; sometimes it's opened in the last folder I used to open a
Revolution stack, and sometimes one level up from the folder I chose, e.g.,
"C:/Documents and Settings/Filippo" for the above example
this is on Windows XP Pro with Revolution 1.1.1r2 (engine 2.4.1).

Any suggestion is mostly welcome. TIA.

Kind regards
Filippo Galimberti