defaultStack Scope

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jul 12 07:31:01 EDT 2002

Dan,

The defaultStack is changed whenever a new stack is opened, so if you do
this:

on mouseUp
   set the defaultStack to "A"
   -- defaultStack is "A"
   open inv stack "B"
   -- defaultStack is now "B", even though A still appears (UI-wise) to be
the current stack
   -- To reset the focus, call it again:
   set the defaultStack to "A"
end mouseUp

You can see how the focus shifts from one to the other. SuperCard had a
similar property called "topWindow" that did the same thing.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/