OS X Server; standalones as OS X services

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Jul 11 15:34:00 EDT 2002

The introduction of the XServe 1U rack server makes OS X Server a
little bit more interesting to me.  See...

http://www.apple.com/xserve/

OS X is listed as a compatible platform at the RunRev site, but it
is not clear to me whether this includes OS X Server.  Does it?

I have used Revolution applications as utilities on Windows 2000
Server and I have experimented with running them as services on
Windows 2000 Pro.  I hope to run them as noncritical services on
Windows 2000 Servers soon.  I don't know what the equivalent of
services are in OS X--I have some homework to do.  Has anybody been
successful in running a Revolution standalone as a start-at-boot
server of some sort on either OS X?

At this point I'm not even sure how to say "XServe."

Dar Scott