Revolution at MacWorld: Exhibition and Birds of a Feather Session

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Thu Jul 11 10:41:04 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce that we will be exhibiting at MacWorld next week in
New York.

Birds of a Feather
------------------

We are also delighted to announce that there will be an official Revolution
Birds of a Feather session, taking place on Wednesday the 17th between 6PM
and 7:30PM.  The session is titled "Beyond HyperCard: Revolution" and is
being hosted by Bill Vlahos from NASA.  Top experts from Runtime will be
attending.  Anyone interested in Revolution is very welcome to come along to
chat with other users and ask and answer questions.

Exhibition
----------

Come and visit our booth - open Wednesday to Friday, no. 2023 - where we
will be showing off a preview of the next version of Revolution, version
1.5.  We'll also be happy to answer any questions you may have about
Revolution in general.

Some of the new features being previewed include:

- New OS X mach-o architecture and the ability to hook into the UNIX shell
- New sound recording architecture
- New XML capabilities
- Spreadsheet-type field display
- Preview of some of the  usability and Mac OS X look and feel improvements
  in the development environment
- A preview of a new section in the documentation with fully worked examples
- A preview of a new library for the creation of MIDI files
- A preview of a new library for Soap Calls

The Small Business Edition and Student Edition will also be available from
DevDepot, and a free upgrade to 1.5 (when shipping) is included.

And Finally...
--------------

Runtime is pleased to bring fun to the world of software development in the
form of Maggie the kilt wearing programming Scottish Teddy Bear and her soft
toy silver PowerBook.  Software developers of all ages are welcome to come
along and have a look.

MacWorld is going to be a great event, so please do drop by our booth and
don't miss the Birds of a Feather session.  We look forward to seeing you
there!

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller <kevin at runrev.com> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.