comments and questions of 11 july 2002

Klaus Major klaus.major at metascape.org
Thu Jul 11 08:00:02 EDT 2002

Hi Peter (gruezi :-),

i can answer question 4 to 5.

I will leave the other ones to someone else ;-)

> Comments
>
> I'm really impressed by RR. it is rich of features. Everything on the HC
> level I touched works. The new things that I touched work too. I'm
> impressed
> by images (blend, image icons) and sound (QT player). The additions upon
> HC make sense.
> There are glitches, but no worse than other environments I know.
>
> Questions

> 4) what are the built-in sounds, if any?
> where is "boing", "harpsichord"?
> where is play "boing" tempo 200 "c4e c dq c f eh" ?

Sorry, no built-in sounds and no "play xxx tempo yyy c d e f g ba b c"
This is where the HC-compatibility stops...

> 5) I can't type the characters \ | [ ] @ in the script editor on a
> swiss-german
> keyboard, as they are typed here with the AltGr modifier key. How to fix
> this ? (I'm not asking for bypasses).

I am working with a german keyboard and have no problems getting these
chars.

> , as they are typed here with the AltGr modifier key.

What exactly do you mean by this ?

These characters cannot be typed on windows but with the ALT-GR-key.
(You can get these chars by holding "ALT" and typing the ASCII-Number on
the
number-keyboard on the right, though. A leftover from the old
DOS-days ;-)

> Peter

Sorry that i cannot help more...
(Ut desint vires tamen est laudandas voluptas.
Oh my god, i still remember that one ;-)

Regards from germany

Klaus Major
klaus.major at metascape.org