built-in sounds (was:comments and questions of 11 july 2002)

Kurt Kaufman kkaufman at snet.net
Thu Jul 11 07:51:00 EDT 2002

It Was Written:

"...what are the built-in sounds, if any?
where is "boing", "harpsichord"?
where is play "boing" tempo 200 "c4e c dq c f eh" ?..."

I believe those were files stored as "sound resources" (Mac only) that
were resampled by HC.  To the best of my knowledge, you cannot use the
same shorthand to play sounds in RR at different rates (but see the
playRate property).
However, it might interest you to know that I have written some routines
and a plugin that permit the construction and playback of MIDI files
from within RR. In this manner, without having to store sound resources,
you would have at your disposal the 128 General MIDI sounds, at any
pitch or length, and in multiple tracks.  We should have these available
in the near future.

-Kurt