Editing Menu Groups

Bob Arnold rfarnold at bu.edu
Tue Jul 9 11:22:02 EDT 2002

on 7/9/02 11:50 AM, Karl Petersen at karlpet at mac.com wrote:

> At 5:44 PM -0700 7/8/02, Dan Shafer wrote:
>> I open the Menu Tool, click "edit" select the menubar in the
>> resulting list, and it shows up in the editor, but its name is
>> grayed out and none of its buttons appears in the list. The *only*
>> way I've been able to find to edit this sucker is to remove its
>> background behavior property in the property window, then edit it,
>> then set it back. Is that really how this works?
>
> That's not the normal behavior, Dan. I've never seen that. Here I'm
> allowed to edit a menubar group without first turning off its
> backgroundBehavior property.
>
> I poked around a bit trying to force the graying out of a menu, but
> had no luck. No idea what might cause that.

I've had the same problem/experience as Dan -- if the bg behavior is checked
(on) I cannot edit the menu via the menu manager (greyed out).. I've been
editing the buttons directly on the card ("edit the script of btn "File""
for instance), so I also appreciate the suggestion of using the AO.

Bob
--
Robert Arnold
Associate Professor of Film
Email: rfarnold at bu.edu
Http: people.bu.edu/rfarnold

"Seeing is an art that has to be learned." M. Duras, Hiroshima mon Amour