Suggestion for List Manager

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon Jul 8 16:21:01 EDT 2002

On Monday, July 8, 2002, at 12:43 AM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> Could the person responsible for managing the list change the
> configuration so that the subject line is always preceded with
> some recognizable label like [use-RR] or some such? I'm a member
> of a number of other lists using this same technology and they all
> supply that helpful hint. It makes it easier to sort through mail
> for someone who gets as much as I do.

I have my mail sorting rules sort on something other than subject
line.  For the RR lists, for example, I sort on Reply-To:.  People
send me comments off list about what I said on list and subject
sorting would put those in the wrong place (for my needs).

I can live with the subject tags you suggest, but they would do me
little good.  (Except to id not sorted to the list as being about
the list.)

You might want to try alternate automated mail sorting.

Dar Scott