Participation in Improvement List

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Jul 7 03:46:01 EDT 2002

> I just noticed SuperCard
> 3.6 is $149, e.g. Please, no flaming comparisons. I never liked
> SuperCard's bifurcated development environment and convoluted editor,
> either, and I doubt that it's even yet cross-platform.

If you're referring to SuperCard's (previously) separate layout and runtime
environments, I for one very much liked this approach and believe it has
several merits.  Regardless, I used to be a die-hard SuperCard user in need
of a card-based way to do Windows development.  Years ago I discovered
MetaCard (Revolution's base technology) and have stuck with it ever since.
IMO, there's very little one can do in SuperCard that can't be done in
MC/Rev, and there's a lot that can be done in MC/Rev that can't be done in
SuperCard.

The MC/Rev technology and this list have served me very well over the years,
and now a decent portion of my professional income is derived from MetaCard
projects (wasn't really able to pull this off with SuperCard).  For myself,
$1000 was well worth the initial investment, but if you're interested in
cost comparisons of related technologies, I believe list member Richard
Gaskin put together a list some time ago that stacks up the main players in
the market.

Best Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director