Participation in Improvement List

Dan Shafer dan at danshafer.com
Sun Jul 7 01:09:01 EDT 2002

>Dan,
>
>>  I completely understand the value of this list and want to assure
>>  everyone that I am not denigrating that at all. I'm just not
>>  accustomed to spending several hundred dollars on a piece of software
>>  whose license terms explicitly indicate no tech support. Seems kind
>>  of bizarre!
>
>I know what you mean. When I first got involved with MetaCard, it was the
>same situation, but for a $995 price tag (not $300 like Revolution). But it
>was kind of like a leap of faith... the email support and list support I
>received was more than sufficient for any problems that I encountered, and I
>never needed the kind of telephone support that other companies provide for
>a limited period of time after your purchase their product. But most (if not
>all of them) also don't get personally involved in a day-to-day basis with
>the "rank and file" that uses the product. But Runtime Revolution *does* get
>involved; I have been very happy with the support from RunRev, and
>(personally) I don't think that getting telephone support would add that
>much to the overall value of the product.

So far, I have no reason to doubt that I will be able to be quite
successful with Revolution relying on this list for support. Still,
the price tag is steep enough you'd think they'd provide *some* kind
of official support! Or lower the price. (I just noticed SuperCard
3.6 is $149, e.g. Please, no flaming comparisons. I never liked
SuperCard's bifurcated development environment and convoluted editor,
either, and I doubt that it's even yet cross-platform.)

>Now as to your comment about providing access to the improve-revolution
>list, I don't know why it is restricted. Perhaps someone from RunRev can
>comment on that directly.
>
>Ken Ray
>Sons of Thunder Software
>Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
>Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Dan Shafer, Product Development Expert
Helping you turn your best ideas into products that sell
http://www.danshafer.com