Running CGI's locally on OSX

Mark Paris mparis at nc.rr.com
Thu Jul 4 21:35:01 EDT 2002

Sivakatirswami,

What do you get when you try:

http://my.machine.ip/ or http://localhost/ ???

This should return the Apache default page if you haven't altered that
directory.  And the cgi-bin should work, but you may indeed need to
configure the apache config file to make it do so.  Check out some sites on
apache, or maybe on Terminal for OS X and it should tell you how to edit
those files.

Try this one for starters:
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2001/12/14/apache_two.html

This is another, more geared towards php/mysql stuff:
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/01/29/apache_macosx_four.html

Hope that helps!

Mark