Running CGI's locally on OSX

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Jul 4 13:05:01 EDT 2002

on 07-04-2002 06:01 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com at  "Mark
Paris" <mparis at nc.rr.com> wrote

> Have you tried  http://my.machine.ip/cgi-bin/test-mc.cgi ?  This should
> work.  I'm thinking you need to configure Apache some more to run a cgi-bin
> in your user folder, but the main cgi-bin (CGI-Executables folder) should be
> ok.

No go... You must declare your user directory in the URL "~katir" or it will
fail. Also I put mc and the script itself into the CGI-Executables folder
and tried:

http://my.machine.ip/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/test-mc.cgi

But I get a  404, file not found

Still throwing stones at mangos too high to pick.

I'll look into the config thing.. I do recall something about having to do
something to some config file, but don't know what it would be...

Hinduism Today

Sivakatirswami
Editor's Assistant/Production Manager
katir at hindu.org
www.HinduismToday.com, www.HimalayanAcademy.com,
www.Gurudeva.org, www.hindu.org

Read The Master Course Lesson of the Day at
http://www.gurudeva.org/lesson.shtml