printing problem

Karl Petersen karlpet at mac.com
Thu Jul 4 12:17:01 EDT 2002

Yves,

For the script #1, is the stack "mi_print" actually open? It must be,
I believe, for Rev to print a card from the stack.

it's my experience (which is NOT considerable) that locking the
screen can cause unpredictable results. Perhaps script #2 works
because the screen isn't actually locked. Does going to the stack
"mi_print" cause a script in that stack to unlock the screen? That
might explain why you can see the stack change. You might try setting
lockMessages to true before going to the stack. That should stop
unlocking the screen. If the script stops working, the screen lock
may be contributing factor.

For #3, check out the printMargins property, which lets you set the
print margins.

According to the Transcript Dictionary, revShowPrintDialog works only
if the handler calls revPrintField or revPrintText, which your script
doesn't seem to do. That shouldn't prevent printing, but you may want
to try the script without that command. (Running Mac OS 9.1 here, the
revShowPrintDialog is ignored unless one of the other commands is
present.)

Karl