Running CGI's locally on OSX

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Jul 3 23:49:01 EDT 2002

You can use "sudo" in Terminal to do things which normally require root
permission. You should be able to navigate to the folder OK. I make
great use of the tab key to auto-complete path names, so type "cd /L" &
then press tab. It should fill in Library. Then type "Web" and press
tab, then "CG" & tab again. This should have filled in the complete path
for you to navigate to.

Then if you try "chmod 755 myTest.cgi" you will probably get "permission
denied". If so, try "sudo chmod 755 myTest.cgi". When it asks for a
password enter your normal login password and it all should happen OK.
Use "ls -la" to list all the files with their permissions visible so you
can check that it has worked.

Cheers,
Sarah