Manual announcement

Rod McCall rodmc at runrev.com
Tue Jul 2 07:11:01 EDT 2002

Dear All,

>Shipping to Switzerland is even more, USD 55, from UK (while actual shipping
>cost isn o more than around USD10). Switzerland is still in Europe.

Firstly I would like to say that we do not enjoy charging people carriage
for the manuals, indeed we would prefer not to. However it is simply not
cost effective for us to offer free shipping. This is due to the fact that
all manuals are sent from Wales (in the UK) to their final destination. The
destinations vary from the US to Australia, UK, Romania and Japan. Also the
manuals weigh 3kg (approx.) and therefore do attract a significant charge.

In terms of the costs we charge, these are based on the actual cost to
ourselves which in turn is from a contract we have with DHL It should be
noted we do NOT make a profit on the shipping charges.  Indeed the rates
charged by us are substantially lower than had we not negotiated a contract.

We aim to provide a first class delivery service which is one reason why we
chose DHL above other carriers. Indeed my own experience of other carriers
is that boxes destined for Scotland do occasionally end up somewhere in
France. While DHL may be slightly more expensive for some destinations we
would rather know the manuals will be delivered in one piece, rather than
late, in bits and to the wrong country.

As ever we do take the views of our customers seriously but on this
occasion we had no alternative but to charge at cost. It should also be
noted that to date we've had very positive feedback with regard to the
quality of the manuals, delivery times and costs.

Finally, if any one has any questions, comments, suggestions or complaints
regarding the manuals please feel free to email me directly rather than
posting on the list.

Kind regards,

Rod

Rod McCall  <www.runrev.com>
Runtime Revolution Ltd
Revolution - The Solution for Software Development
tel: +44 (0) 870 747 1165 fax: +44 (0) 131 718 4334