CR & LF importing

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Tue Jul 2 06:03:02 EDT 2002

Well, I struck out. The third strike was my ignorance. Turns out the script
works fine and is not a problem with transcript's implementation of cr and
lf nor with my understanding of that. The clue was that it worked in one
stack and not the other. The problem was that the textfont of the 'bad'
stack was set to 'Osaka'. I guess this is a no-no even though there were no
2byte characters in the fld or the custom properties.

Resetting the textfont of the stack to 'Geneva' or 'Courier' solves the
problem and the methods below work fine. Sorry to trouble the list over
this, but I'll be back...

Thanks
Ron