Delete folder/Defaultfolder

John Cuccio jcuccio at pacbell.net
Wed Jan 30 22:57:00 EST 2002

I had posted to info rev about not being able to delete folders that had
files in them. Thank you Jan for sending info on this. So I have to delete
the files first then delete the folder. But I had some problems. I have to
set the defaultfolder a couple of times in my script to get a list of
folders or files. I found out this.

If I script:
set defaultfolder to "/Hard Disk/Folder 1/folder 2"
--Do stuff to delete files in folder 2
delete folder "/Hard disk/folder 1/folder 2"

I can not delete the folder 2 unless  I reset the defaultfolder to before
folder 2.Even if I give the full file path to the folder I want to delete.

So I have to do this. For it to work.

set defaultfolder to "/Hard Disk/Folder 1/folder 2"
--Do stuff to delete files in folder 2
set defaultfolder to "/Hard disk/Folder 1"
delete folder "/Hard disk/folder 1/folder 2"

It seem Rev is keeping the info on the defaultfolder while in a handler and
you can not set the defaultfolder to empty.

Just what I found out.