Copying parts of pictures to the front

Ken Norris (dialup) pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Jan 30 19:04:01 EST 2002

on 1/30/02 9:03 AM, Troy Rollins at troy at rpsystems.net wrote:

> I'd agree that Rev has reasonably good tools for handling button states, but
> I would disagree that this user's previous methods were inefficient. Ishell
> supports the capabilities described (single large image with offsets), and
> it does create an excellent workflow. Want to change some or all of the
> buttons? Open a single file in Photoshop and add a color tint or whatever.
> Write a little script to buffer that image on start-up, and it lives in RAM
> from there, very fast, easy to manage, easy to update, etc.
----------
...and I agree with your assessment of the situation. These are the reasons
I did it that way. Along the same lines as writing offscreen handlers as
subroutines, but with graphics. I have several other background image
options (styles, actually) that use the same buttons. It's far better to
deal with changes in one big image so you can see how everything looks on
the screen at the same time, plus, you always have the ability to cut, copy,
paste, or paint any part of it, big or small, in your favorite paint
program. Even in HC, given Color Tools drawbacks, I've mostly painted and/or
altered my graphics in better paint programs and just imported or dropped in
files.

So, my question is:

What is IShell? Better yet, WHERE is IShell?

Thanks, and best regards,
Ken N.