Telnet to MainFrame

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Thu Jan 24 19:02:01 EST 2002

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com  wrote:

> Using telnet.mc, when I connect to the mainframe, I get the following:
>
>    Enter USERID -
>    Enter current PASSWORD -
>    The default account number could not be obtained...
>    Enter ACCOUNT NUM -
>
> On a *real* 3270 emulator, the USERID and PASSWORD are all that
> is needed, and logon works perfectly. I need to gain access to this
> mainframe in a Rev window in order to do some "screen scraping" of
> info to import into another database, and we do not have resources
> available to download the needed information. That's why I am resorting
> to this method.  Any ideas? ..... anyone?

Not much help, I guess... I've successfully converted that same stack to
gain Telnet access to some devices I work with (not mainframes). The code in
the stack is pretty straightforward. Your problem almost sounds as though
you don't have a successful user/password combination. Perhaps you could
"tap the port" to see what all else is being transferred? Perhaps you have
an undesirable combination of returns and linefeeds causing confusion in the
command series?

Just thoughts...
--
Troy