Telnet to MainFrame

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Thu Jan 24 17:52:01 EST 2002

Hello,

Does anyone have experience with terminal emulations in Rev?
I need to make a stack that can communicate with a mainframe like
a 3270 terminal emulator. The closest thing I have found is a MetaCard
stack called telnet.mc. I think I found this at the MC site under
contributors.

Using telnet.mc, when I connect to the mainframe, I get the following:

     Enter USERID -
     Enter current PASSWORD -
     The default account number could not be obtained...
     Enter ACCOUNT NUM -

On a *real* 3270 emulator, the USERID and PASSWORD are all that
is needed, and logon works perfectly. I need to gain access to this
mainframe in a Rev window in order to do some "screen scraping" of
info to import into another database, and we do not have resources
available to download the needed information. That's why I am resorting
to this method.  Any ideas? ..... anyone?

~Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>