Closestack and destroystack

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Jan 23 17:29:01 EST 2002

On Wednesday, January 23, 2002, at 02:02  PM, Richard D. Miller wrote:

> Let's say I've got a stack with one field in it holding data. When
> another
> stack starts up, I want that stack to just grab the data from the first
> stack and that's it. I don't want the first stack to stay in memory

> Here's what I've done: created a closestack routine in the data stack.
> It
> contains one line: set the destroystack of me to true.

The destroyStack property is one that is set for the stack and remains
persistent when the stack is saved, just like the backgroundColor or any
of the other properties.  There's no need to set the destroyStack
property every time you open or close a stack.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director, Tactile Media
scott at tactilemedia.com