[Bugs?] Parenthesis, MacOS X and option menu

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 23 13:54:01 EST 2002

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com wrote:

> I have no *real* solution, but I can simply verify that I too have seen
> this happen
> in pop-up menus. They work fine on a PC containing a ")" character, but on
> a Mac,
> this causes them to be greyed out.  My workaround was to use a square
> bracket
> "]" character instead. I believe it IS A BUG.

It's not a bug, it's the way the Macintosh menu manager works. Certain
symbols tell the Mac to display a menu item a certain way. A right
parentheses tells the menu manager to disable the menu item.

You can either use square brackets to get around the problem, or you can
double the symbol to tell Revolution to use the parentheses anyway:
"))". The same applies to slashes in menus; double them: "//". Some
other symbols need the same thing as well.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com