Global Names sans Rev Globals?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Jan 22 12:28:01 EST 2002

>>put the globalNames
>>it returns All of revs globals... how can we contrain this to return only
>>the globals of the stack we are creating/working on?
>
>try this function:
>
>function getGlobalNames
>  local vTempGlobals, vTempSortedGlobals, vGlobalItem
>  put the globalNames into vTempGlobals
>  repeat for each item vGlobalItem in vTempGlobals
>    if ((char 1 of vGlobalItem = "$") or (char 1 to 3 of vGlobalItem =
>"rev")) then
>      next repeat
>    else

If I am interpreting the script correctly, it will identify & remove any RR
& MC engine globals; but it will NOT identify globals declared by any other
handler that has run since the main application opened.  In addition, it
will not list stack globals unique to any stack handler(s) that has not run.

If you want a comprehensive list of all stack globals, I can see no way of
producing one except to write a handler to read through all scripts of all
objects in the stack and build a table based on the "global" statements it
encounters.

I'm puzzled as to why this would be needed...globals are declared
application-wide; so I would want to be aware of all possible conflicting
(or cooperative) uses of the same global name whether used in the existing
staxk or not.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company