"remove from memory" doesn't

Terry Vogelaar terry at discovery.nl
Sun Jan 20 22:54:01 EST 2002

> I have a stack in file "foo.rev". Revolution is open; I save the
> stack and do "close and remove from memory".
>
> In the finder I copy foo.rev => foo copy.rev; I drag this stack onto
> Revolution.
>
> Now if I click a button for editing I get a message "A stack with the
> same name as the one you are trying to load is already open"

What really is happening here is that the "name" of the file is not the name
of the stack. So both 'foo.rev' and 'foo copy.rev' are probably called "foo"
in RR. That confuses both RR and us humans.

The solution is that you purge the stack in the application manager before
opening the copy.

Groetjes,
Terry