"remove from memory" doesn't

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Sun Jan 20 12:40:00 EST 2002

I have a stack in file "foo.rev". Revolution is open; I save the
stack and do "close and remove from memory".

In the finder I copy foo.rev => foo copy.rev; I drag this stack onto
Revolution.

Now if I click a button for editing I get a message "A stack with the
same name as the one you are trying to load is already open"

What the? I closed it *and removed from memory"!

Furthermore, it goes on "Before loading foo.rev what do you want to
do with stack foo copy.rev?"

I dont' get that. If I'm loading anything, it's foo copy, and foo
should be one to be purged.

Yeah, I guess I can close Rev everytime I want to operate on a copy,
but I'd have more peace of mind if I understood what was going on
here.
--
Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)