Type and Creator - Klaus Major

Klaus Major k_major at osnabrueck.netsurf.de
Sun Jan 20 07:59:01 EST 2002

Bonjour Yves,

> Hello,
>
> I've found why your function doesn't work  :
>
> function ye_olde_filetype el_patho
>   put the directory into old_dir
>   set the itemdel to "/"
>   put last item of el_patho into the_file
>   delete last item of el_patho
>   set the directory to el_patho
>   put the long files into all_files
>   get line(lineoffset(the_file, all_files)) of all_files
>   set the itemdel to ","
>   set the directory to old_dir
>   return last item of it
> end ye_olde_filetype
>
> the FileName of el_patho contains a date :
> DD/MM/YYYY
>
> so you will see what kind of strange chars are returned with :
> put the long files into all_files
>
> That's why
> otherwise the function is correctŠ
>
> thanks.
>
> --
>
> Greetings.
>
> Yves COPPE
>
> Email : yvescoppe at skynet.be

thank you for easing my mind :-)

It had to be something wrong with the filename/path supplied
in the function.

MC reserved the "/" for its pathdelimiter (like the dafault on
unix/linux/OS X).

BTW: I don't think that your idea to post anything directly in french is
good one ;-)
Or just if you also accept replies in dutch or esperanto :-D

Have a nice sunday...

Klaus Major
k_major at osnabrueck.netsurf.de