open socket with message for function?

JohnRule at aol.com JohnRule at aol.com
Tue Jan 15 09:25:02 EST 2002

  Does anyone know how to open a socket with a message to call a function? I
know that the "ACCEPT" (with message) can be used for ports, but what about
sockets?

  What I want is for Revolution to call a function when I receive data on the
open socket (this works fine with an open port), but I never get called with
an open socket. I have to 'manually' get the data. I can poll an open socket
for data, but even when using the send command, it still affects system
performance. I don't mind getting the data manually (I'm getting kind of
spoiled I guess with Revolution doing everything for me), but the performance
is terrible. I think it is the combination of the "SEND" commands (every 100
ms), and all of the read requests from the socket buffer that is doing
it...is there another way?

Thanks,
JR