Checking for internet access

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Jan 14 20:31:01 EST 2002

Thanks, Andu. That works OK, except that if there is no link, the computer
looks like it has hung for 45 seconds. It stops completely and can't process
any pending messages, even the menubar clock stops.

Is there any way to shorten the timeout interval? The socketTimeOutInterval
has no effect.

Cheers,
Sarah