Brightness and Contrast

Marten van den Berg mons at knoware.nl
Mon Jan 14 05:36:01 EST 2002

op 13-01-2002 08:04 schreef Jeanne A. E. DeVoto op jeanne at runrev.com:

> At 2:18 AM -0800 1/12/2002, Marten van den Berg wrote:
>> I want to control the brightness and contrast of images within revolution.
>> Any suggestions how this can be done are welcome.
>
> Hmmmm. I don't have a ready-made recipe for this (yet)... but you can
> control the image data directly via the imageData property, and you might
> look into altering the brightness and contrast by directly manipulating the
> actual RGB data.
>
> --
> Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
> http://www.runrev.com/
> Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!

I could't find a description of the imageData property in my transcript
dictionary (I'm using rev 1.1).
When I try it in the message box the result is a single line of odd
characters. Probably the result is in binary code...

Can you give me a description of the imageData property and have you a
suggestion where to look for further information on how this manipulation is
done.

thanks, Marten van den Berg