Application Framework?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Jan 13 23:24:08 EST 2002

At 3:46 AM -0800 1/11/2002, Graham Samuel wrote:
>As I said in my previous mail, I'm just setting out to learn Revo
>from an experienced SuperCarder's viewpoint. I'm interested in
>looking at the Employee Database example, but I can't find it! I feel
>really stupid asking this, but could someone tell me where it is -
>doesn't seem to be in the download or on the Revo web site, but it's
>got to be somewhere!

It certainly ought to be in there!

If you go to card 13 of the Independent Study tutorial and click the "Open
Example" button at the bottom, it should come up. If it doesn't for
whatever reason, go to the Revolution folder and open the Components
folder, then the Help folder inside it, then Tutorials, then Exercises. The
"Employee Database.rev" file inside Exercises is the example stack you're
looking for.

I think you'll find the example contains the things you're asking for - a
full menu bar and the logic to handle it, splash screen, a framework for
saving database files, and so on.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!