special visual

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Jan 8 18:50:01 EST 2002

> 1) In the application overview window, when you clic the "groups" and
> look at the right side of the window, you see a "widget" button at
> the bottom. When you clic it and change the view, you see a visual
> effect on a part of the window with the changing of the flds
> How can I write the same thing in a script ?

This is done with the "move" command sliding groups in & out of view. Here
is the script from the similar button on the stacks view in the application
overview:

    move grp "Stack Field" relative 600,0 in 200 millisecs without waiting
    move grp "Stack Mover" relative -600,0 in 200 millisecs without waiting

This moves the "Stack Field" group to the right & off the edge of the
window, then slides the other group back in.

> 2) How can I make modern columns as they appear just above this button ?
The columns are a normal scrolling field with tabStops set and the vertical
grid showing. The headings above are individual buttons that have scripts to
sort the scrolling field. The clever bit is putting the various icons &
checkbox buttons in the right places in the list, but text only is quite
simple.

If you want to see how the Rev people do something, choose "Revolution UI
Stacks in List" from the View menu. Then open the Application Overview and
you can browse through all the rev stacks and their scripts.

Alternatively, you can just open one of the built-in stacks as if it were a
normal stack and look at it that way. Just make sure you don't save any
changes unless you have a backup!

Cheers,
Sarah