popups and tokens (was "Digest-something")

Scott Raney raney at metacard.com
Tue Jan 8 14:18:01 EST 2002

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 "Ivers, Doug E" <Doug_Ivers at lord.com> wrote:

> 1.
> What would be the best way to implement a popup menu when the user
> right-clicks over a standard button or over a field?  Should I have a hidden
> popup-style button that I re-locate and show wherever the mouse was clicked?

No, use the popup command.  In RR 1.1.1/MC 2.4.1 you can popup a
button (required to get proper look and feel on MacOS).

> 2.
> Seems that the word parser is little more than an item parser with the
> itemDelimiter set to " ",

It's a bit more, because it also skips multiple spaces, and tabs and
returns in addition to spaces (neither is possible with item chunks).

> except for the stupid behavior with quotes.  I
> would like a true word parser.  Or a parser for which we can specify
> multiple delimiters.  Like a java token function.  What is the best/fastest
> way to parse words even in the presence of quotes and punctuation?

Use "token" chunks (e.g., "repeat for each token t in <somecontainer>").
It's the same parser the engine uses for compiling scripts.

> 3.
> Did I see a comment somewhere that the Rev folks are working on fields with
> multiple columns?  If so, when should we expect to see it?

Variable tabstops and grid lines are already supported.  What's
missing is support for clipping to "cell" boundaries, and column
selection.  Those are planned, but no schedule has been announced yet.
  Regards,
    Scott

> I love the added features of Rev over HC, but it makes me eager for more.

Keep those suggestions coming...
  Scott