audioclips on a Mac

J. Scott Saults SaultsJ at missouri.edu
Sun Jan 6 18:28:01 EST 2002

I had asked
>Can someone please help me. What have I done wrong? How can a play a
>sound,  without loading a and displaying a quicktime player?
But, I have discovered that an AIFF file does play OK. So, let me ask
two different questions about audio in Revolution.

1. What audio formats are supported on a Mac, and on Windows?

2. What is the best way to play a SEQUENCE of sounds with precise,
regular, onset to onset times. In SuperCard or HyperCard, I can
simply issue a series of play commands, and the sounds are simply
cued to play one after another. However, Revolution/MC cannot do
this, so what is the best way to approximate this behavior? Are there
any Mac external commands that could accomplish this in Rev/MC?

Thanks again for the help.

Scott Saults

J. Scott Saults, Ph.D.
Research Associate