A memory management issue

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Jan 5 12:26:08 EST 2002

>My understanding is that as soon as the main stack is opened, all 20 MB's
>worth of substacks will be pulled into RAM as well...which I don't think
>will work for my average customer.

Hi Richard,

IMF(oolesh)O, these kinds of concerns are holdovers from days when memory &
disk storage were expensive and most applications were lean.

Today I can buy 256MB of iBook RAM for $30, and the memory requirements of
most mainstream commercial appliactions may easily exceed 20MB.

Of course I don't know your average customer.    :{`)

Rob Cozens
http://www.serendipitysoftware.com/who.html