can I create a return value for a function OUTSIDE the function?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Jan 4 04:22:01 EST 2002

I've created a postingFile function to a webserver. It works using SAFileUp
and IIS. What I want it to do, is return a value upon a completed post (the
response). Because the function works asynchronously, it can't return a the
server response as a return value.

Any ideas on how the user can retrieve this value. I could set it in a
custom property then fire off a getproperty handler, but what should it do?
Ideally it should send some sort of message...

Any thoughts would be helpful.

-Chipp