OSX Rev on classic stack?

cowhead cowhead at ztv.ne.jp
Tue Jan 1 11:36:01 EST 2002

Happy new year all!  I finally got a mac with OSX, so I used the carbon
version of Rev to open some stacks made with the classic version of
Metacard.  Some of the stacks opened and performed quite well.  Others
behaved bizarrely and one appears to have had all controls wiped clean.
It became a stack of blank cards.  So is this not supported?  If you
want to make a stack (not a stand alone) that will run in both
environments do you have to make 2 kinds of stacks, both classic and
OSX?  Or I suppose you could make exclusively 'classic' and not supply
the OSX engine to that computer?  (If you click directly on a 'classic'
stack (eg, made with the classic engine) under OSX, it automatically
opens the OSX engine, rather than the classic.)

I'm having trouble finding the documentation on this.  Any help would be

greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
mark mitchell
Japan