Patterns on Mac/PC

JohnRule at aol.com JohnRule at aol.com
Thu Feb 28 22:22:02 EST 2002

I am just curious about the difference between the way patterns are handled
between a PC and a Mac. For instance:

I can import a pattern into my PC stack, assign this same pattern to several
buttons (stacked on top of each other) with the patterns starting at 0,0,
coordinates in each button (i.e. the pattern is redrawn for each button with
the upper left corner starting at the upper left corner of the button).

If I then transfer this stack to a Macintosh, the buttons represent the
pattern as if the pattern were the size of the stack (or screen). In other
words, the pattern is reflected differently in every button on the Mac (the
pattern is not redrawn at a 0,0, coordinate for each button).

I know patterns are 'natively' different on each platform, but this is odd
(and I would think this is wrong).

Can anyone verify/explain this?

Thanks,
JR