A short comment on speed

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Tue Feb 26 06:24:01 EST 2002

In early February we had some discussion on speed of Revolution compared
with HC. My own experience at the times was that RR was about the same
speed, but in colour of course. The activities at the time involved
retrieving information on multiple cards.

Today I converted another of my HC stacks. It is compute-intensive,
taking typically 16 seconds to execute two converging optimisations on
data which is on a single card (and is put into variables for the
calculation of course).
That time was in HC. In RR, the same thing took just one second.
I am pretty happy about that.

cheers
David