sort stack by short id of this card

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Feb 25 11:13:01 EST 2002

>There are 6 cards for each (1) form.  The 6 cards have the same "Index
>Number". In order to keep all of the cards in order they are being sortd by
>shot id of card.  Of course this means that when they are duplicated they
>have to be duplicated in order.  Forget that they have an "Index Number" and
>concentrate on the sort of id.

I am, and that's what troubles me:

* When you create a new card, it is assigned a random, unique id.

* When you create six new cards:
	a. You will not get the same 6 card ids that were in the original
HC stack, and
	b. You have no guarentee the id#s will be be consecutive, or even
in ascending order.

* I see no relation between "Index Number" & the card id; so how can
sorting by id get the cards in Index Number order?.

* If the HC stack is in the correct order, you only need to create the
cards in the new stack in the same order and no sort is necessary.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company