avoid the standard find dialog?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Feb 24 11:11:01 EST 2002

>What is the equivalent in RR to the
>HyperCard handler
>
>on doMenu what
>   if what is "new card" then
>     go last
>     pass doMenu
>   else
>     pass doMenu
>   end if
>end doMenu

Hi Till,

A caution from the MetaCard User Guide, p 126: "The doMenu command is
provided for compatibility with HyperCard.  All of the functionality
accessable with the HyperCard doMenu command have equivalent commands in
MetaCard, therefore use of doMenu is discouraged."

As I have mentioned in a previous post, my stacks are button-driven, not
menu-driven; so I can't tell you what "equivalent" system message to trap.
My guess is menuPick.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company