RR1.1 Animation Tutorial problem

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Sun Feb 24 05:50:01 EST 2002

At 6:29 PM -0800 2/22/2002, dave test wrote:
>In the Animation Tutorial, if I follow all of the directions (double
>checking all of my object and animation names) the script/button for Show Me
>will only work once.  Once the reset button is clicked, somehow the
>animation breaks.

I'm guessing that you still have the Animation Manager open, and frame 20
chosen in the Animation Manager, when you click Reset. What happens in this
case is that the Animation Manager picks up on the position change, and
sets the "reset" position as frame 20 as well as frame 1... and therefore
the animation doesn't move the field anywhere. If this is what's happening,
the fix is simple: just close the Animation Manager before you click the
Reset button.

I'm tweaking the tutorial wording a little to make this less likely. (It's
something the original writer of the tutorial didn't run into, because in
earlier versions, the Animation Manager wasn't quite so sensitive to
changes in object position.)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!