Deprecated mouse functions

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 09:05:01 EST 2002

At 10:47 am -0700 20/2/02, Scott Raney wrote:
>Yes.  The full list of functions to avoid because they are deprecated is:
>the mouse
>the mouseClick
>the mouseH
>the mouseV
>the mouseLoc
>the optionKey
>the commandKey
>the controlKey

I've nothing against preventing users from polling the mouse and
other bad habits, but I'm wondering if deprecating the mouseLoc,
mouseH, and mouseV functions leaves behind ways to cover all needs.

mouseMove lets us get the mouse coordinates from the arguments. The
clickLoc function gives the coordinates of where the mouse went down
(I think), but how do we get the coordinates of where the mouse is
released?

I've never needed this myself, but I imagine there are legitimate uses for it.

What would be nice is having the mouse coordinates passed as
additional arguments to mouseDown, mouseUp and mouseRelease.

Cheers
Dave Cragg (currently on idle)