Do's and Dont's

Ian Summerfield iansummerfield at btconnect.com
Thu Feb 21 15:07:01 EST 2002

On 21/2/02 2:10 pm, "JohnRule at aol.com" <JohnRule at aol.com> scribed:

>> Yes.  The full list of functions to avoid because they are deprecated is:
>> the mouse
>> the mouseClick
>> the mouseH
>> the mouseV
>> the mouseLoc
>> the optionKey
>> the commandKey
>> the controlKey

Is this official or just what users are finding temperamental?  If they are
deprecated then under what circumstances?  I may have to write one extremely
simple and 100% reliable piece of C code to test the state of the mouse
button for my code and compile it as an external, I think I'll call it
"themouse"!  After all, in the world of C it's quite straight forward, one
line I expect.

I thought HyperTalk was originally devised from Hypercard by Bill Atkinson?
These functions were in HyperTalk, so either Revolution speaks the language
or it doesn't?  I'm fast being put off a 4GL that redefines the standard
whenever things get complicated.