Deprecated commands/Documentation

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Feb 21 13:51:00 EST 2002

on 2/20/02 6:43 PM, Scott Raney wrote:

> And while we're on the subject of bad technique that will cause you
> grief at some point, also avoid using the following messages:
> mouseStillDown
> mouseWithin
> idle
>
> That's it.  Not a long list, and in all cases it's very easy (I would
> even in most cases say trivial) to do it the right way.  A small price
> to pay for shrugging off the last of the circa 1984 single-user
> single-tasking design of MacOS and HyperCard.
> Regards,
>   Scott

For the untutored, an addition to documentation with the "not so long list
of deprecated" commands with the corresponding "right way to do it." would
be a wonderful addition. In the lack of a specific task to focus on, we
could just list one or two theoretical "typical old handlers" for each old
command and a corresponding "same handler with proper syntax."

Hinduism Today

Sivakatirswami
Editor's Assistant/Production Manager
katir at hindu.org
www.HinduismToday.com, www.HimalayanAcademy.com,
www.Gurudeva.org, www.hindu.org

Read The Master Course Lesson of the Day at
http://www.gurudeva.org/lesson.shtml