Problem with Launch Command

Peter Reid preid at reidit.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 18:05:01 EST 2002

I'm trying to open Acrobat files from my stack developed using Rev
1.1.1B1 on a Mac.

If I open Acrobat Reader outside of my stack and then get my stack to
open a series of Acrobat files using the "launch xxx.pdf with
gAcroReader" command, then everything works fine; each file opens as
a new window inside the currently running Acrobat Reader.  However,
if the reader is not running initially, then opening the first
Acrobat file within my stack by using the "launch" command causes it
to refuse to open any more Acrobat files until the original Reader is
"killed" and then a new invocation is run using the next "launch"
command.

This is NOT what I want as it means the user waiting for the Acrobat
Reader to be "killed" and then relaunched for each document.  Also,
it means the user can't have more than one Acrobat document open at
the same time.

Any suggestions as to how I overcome this problem?

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk